on 29 March 2012
I bought this set to let me access the hard drive on my old computer before recycling - I was unable to access the HD normally since the iMac desktop computer had given up.
I didn't want to leave sensitive information that could be accessed by crooks, so wanted to destroy it and dispose of it separately, without demolishing the whole machine.
The screwdrivers worked OK for the most part, but some of these tiny screws were so tight they needed heat applied to shift them and as usual one defied all efforts and I eventually had to lever the cover off to get at the HD.
The problem is of course that it's very difficult to apply a lot of leverage on these small tools to move a tight screw - you'd probably twist the shaft if you could.
The tools seemed pretty decent value for money to me and may come in handy again in future.
Didn't really show any signs of wear after I had given it a fairly hard time.
What's this?