on 16 October 2012
I really love this felty fella. Every day I get up with my little girl and we are both grinning with anticipation... first we go to the window and check the weather outside, then we select the right combination of weather symbols (there is a good range to choose from, though just plain cold could augment snowy). Next we get out weather monkey's outfits and discuss what he might wear and why it is appropriate, given the weather. Then we change the clothes and discuss the order of the days of the week, and where we are today. All-in-all a very entertaining way to start even the dreariest of mornings and a nice first move in a pre-school structure (it leads nicely in to getting our own clothes ready).
I am concerned that some of the clothes are not going to stand up to being frequently pulled on/off monkey's limbs, though the monkey himself is very well-made and so I guess we will find matching fabrics and mend if we must. In fact you could make your own clothing, introducing more variations of clobber to what is already a wardrobe that would make many a monkey proud.
So plenty of learning, involving a thought-provoking focus (brightly coloured, cheerful looking and well-made monkey), generating plenty of interactions about real stuff in both little monkeys' worlds.
What's this?