on 8 November 2013
I bought this item and had it shipped to the US. It arrived in mint condition and it is by far my favorite box set collection. My favorite album in the set is "Head Music". I also am glad to get "Sci-fi Lullabies" on vinyl for the first time. I preordered this item and got it a lot cheaper than originally advertised. I am so glad that this was an item I could order from the US. I bought a mint copy of "Head Music" last year for more than I paid for this entire set. I also own a copy of the first self titled release. It too is mint. I was getting ready to buy a copy of "Dog Man Star" and I discovered that this box set was going to be released. I frantically looked for this item and I was lead to Amazon UK. I immediately placed an order even though my vinyl allowance for the month was far passed my limit set by my partner. Also vinyl takes up a lot of room and it is an expensive hobby. There are a lot of hidden cost to great sounding vinyl and keeping it sounding great.

I first got turned on to Suede from a friend who had the "Singles" CD. I purchased all of the CDs eventually. After buying a new Turntable in 2013, I started buying more of the current stuff I had only on CD. I still had a lot of vinyl that I almost gave away as I thought that it was a "Dead" format. I am so glad I didn't as I own about 100 MFSL vinyl titles, some limited colored releases and over 200 Japan pressing all with their OBI's. I also own a lot of SACDs, but nothing can compare to the warm sound of vinyl. I am curious as to what the world of Blu-Ray audio will be like. I have not ordered any yet. Mostly because they are preorder releases. I have noticed that they are starting to pop up here on Amazon UK, but not so much in the states. There are a few online sites that are starting to carry them, but again they are preorder.

This is a must have for any Suede fan. The set is well made and sounds incredible. I will still keep my originals and play them as well. If you are a suede fan and missed out on this, you really missed out. I am very fortunate to have received this set. I wish I had bought two of them as a friend keeps offering me an incredible amount for mine. It would have been a great Christmas present for him.

The pressing of these albums is much heavier than the originals and that just adds to the depth in sound. These are definitely Audiophile quality releases. I have no objections to the original pressings as the ones I purchased where in both cases still sealed. They sound just as great.

In a way I wish they had released more sets, so that more people could get this without spending a fortune, but the limited quantity makes this box set a real collectors dream. I received set number 386. I think it would be wise if the record label released more boxed sets, just not numbered, as there are several hundred fans who want this set.

Now if only New Order would release a vinyl box set of their catalogue I would be in Nirvana.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details