on 6 February 2013
It's difficult to over-rate this book. I was having major problems with stress, and they were affecting my health quite seriously. I had bought this book a year ago but put it away and forgot about it. My stress was so bad, and affecting people round me, that I remembered the book last week, after watching Paul McKenna being interviewed on BBC, I think it was the One Show.

I searched for the book, found it, and immediately put the CD into my player, without even reading anything apart from the instructions. As soon as Paul's voice sounded in my headphones, I began to feel myself relaxing and when it finished after 22 minutes, I was a different person. My physical symptoms vanished in that 22 minutes. I use the CD twice a day at the moment and I now find it impossible to get stressed at anything. Eventually, I will reduce it to once a day, but it will always be a part of my life now.
Every time I play the CD, I hear more, or hear it differently. I get more relaxed, I find myself drifting in different ways. It's amazing.

As for the book itself, it is just about the best thing since sliced bread. For the first time in my life I now understand stress and, more importantly, how to deal with it. I have already learned two of the many simple techniques which are explained in the book (Calm Anchor and Master Key - "Heart-Brain"), so that, if I feel I might be in a stressful situation, I cut it off quickly and easily.
I now wonder why our GP's don't suggest things like this, rather than handing out tranquilisers and barbiturates. It's not rocket science, it would save the NHS billions! I'm not saying it's the answer to all the problems of life, but I am convinced that anyone listening to the CD would feel better afterwards. I'm also convinced that everyone would benefit from reading the book and simply understanding stress - we all get it, we all suffer with it and here is a gold-plated method to control it without using drink or drugs. It's wonderful being back in control again.

Who is this book for? Well, I think it's for all of us and in particular, it's for people who are stressed out or facing stressful situations.
I have a message for Paul McKenna. It's "Thank you". I've just ordered another two books, one for a friend and one for a member of the family. I shall be ordering more.
101 people found this helpful