VINE VOICEon 6 January 2011
This is based on the true crimes of the Canadian serial killers and rapists Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo.

I did not know anything about this couple or their crimes when I watched this. I have an interest in serial killers however, which prompted me to watch it. But as soon as it ended I knew something wasn't right. After some research I found out that Karla has been completely misrepresented. She is painted a victim in the film, which, as far as I can tell, is inaccurate. Now, i'm not claiming to know everything about the case or what really happened, but just to warn you, this film is very pro-Karla.

And it just didn't sit right with me. It's not even that a sadistic killer is getting the benefit of the doubt, but the actual film was just... unsatisfying. I've seen other films based on killers and rapists before (Ted Bundy) and they have been good films. Horrible and frightening, but good movies. This one wasn't. It was poor quality and badly put together.

I feel bad for the leading actors (Misha Collins and Laura Prepon) because I really like them both, and actually they did good jobs. Just a shame everything around them sucked.

So all in all, not a great film to watch. Anti-climatic, dragged in places, very biased, and generally left a bad taste in my mouth. I do not recommend it.
0Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?