on 1 May 2009
A good book.
I bought it because my HTML knowledge is very limited and I needed a bit more to write the help text for some applications I am writing. The help browser is an HTML viewer. I work on Apple Mac's.
This book claims to be platform independent and the author does constantly refer to Apple and Linux however the text is very Windows centric and he spends a lot of time explaining how to use software tools that are only available on Windows. That I found a little annoying.
I admit, for my purposes this volume is a little OTT but nevertheless very readable. It takes from the very basics to in depth in easy stages. For the (non-Windows) bits that were of real interest to me, possibly too basic for the professional, but great for the beginner or intermediate user.
A syntax table would have been useful.
0Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?