on 25 July 2011
What struck me immediately in the film was the sound track. Especially the song "Loving Strangers".
To say the truth the film left me baffled and confused for the first hour or so. I am not saying that I didn't like the shots of women making love to each other (far from it) or they being naked practically all the duration of the film.
I just kept trying to understand the meaning, the message behind all the beauty pictured in the film, represented not only by women making love as if their very life depended on such act but also fairy-like skylines of Rome and a room that felt like a museum of fine arts more than a room in a hotel. It was all majestically opulent and baroque as only Rome can be. And what to say about the waiter that sings operetta....
And the song Loving Strangers kept coming back...Maybe we all "fall in love" in fantasy or reality with a stranger imagining that our lives would be completely different. That perfectness is just a second away from being true. That the solution for all of our problems are there in that stranger we are loving with all the strength that everyday difficulties can generate.
Loving Strangers...toying with the idea that somehow life can just for a night be different....and can it be all as simple as that, with no consequences whatsoever?
4 people found this helpful