on 9 November 2011
This camera was really wonderful in every way - in particular the incredibly vivid image rendering which, I gather, is to do with the new processor which also means that with the 16.2 MP allows very high ISO without any digital noise. My husband has a D200 but this camera beats it with ease, the difference is spectacular! I also especially liked the screen with its diverse positions. It was all that I had expected from Nikon except for one thing; I wanted to be able to use this camera for digiscoping but it will not work with a non-CPU lens on anything other than Manual, this would mean severe delay when taking wildlife shots that demand speed and slickness. To shoot successfully with my scope I needed to be able to use Aperture Priority. None of the online descriptions told me that I would not be able to do this, I only discovered it on reading the manual - there are also some other lenses with which it is incompatible so check this out, it wouldn't work with our macro lens for instance on anything other than Manual.

So if you want a really fantastic camera which is excellent value for money then this is it without question, but if you intend using it with non-CPU lenses, or other lenses that are not in its remit, then you will have to do what I did and have the D7000 instead.
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.