on 28 June 2014
I bought this case especially to be able to recharge my phone while cycling and also have visual access to the screen.
I can give 5 stars for the phone keeping dry.
I am not so happy with the silicon screen (or whatever material it is). When it is raining, I can see the screen very well, but if it is dry and/or sunny, it is hard to make out what's on your screen. Also swiping is not as easy as it normally is. So only 3 stars for that.
My mistake was, that I thought I could charge my phone while cycling and this is obviously not possible. There should be a similar solution like for the phone jack, but it isn't. So I secure the phone with rubber bands and attach the charging cable (which is linked to my hub dynamo). Not really that great.
Also, the connection between case and adapter is very poorly. Riding on bumpy Scottish roads means, that the case detaches itself constantly. I solved the problem again with rubber bands and strings; but now I can't really quickly detach the case and so have to take the phone out instead.
Still a pretty good item. Guess I should have done some more thorough research first.
What's this?