Learn more Download now Shop now Pre-order now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 12 January 2013
I've had a projector for a few years now, and we watch films most nights on it. I had made a screen out of battening and canvas that worked really well, but when we moved my new cinema room provided me with a problem. The only place to put a screen was over a small side window. Without this window, the room (situated between the front room and the kitchen) would be a little too dark during the daytime, and I wanted to have it as a dual purpose cinema/playroom. I purchased this screen on a whim, reasoning that the price was good and it would solve a problem without any messing about making a new screen.

Even though this is definitely a budget screen, the quality is outstanding. It's thick and strong, and the metal bar that the screen retracts into is strong and well-made. All mounting bolts were included, and all I ended up having to use was two rawlplugs and long screws. Whilst this is fairly heavy, the frame mounts distribute the weight excellently, so all that is really needed is two screws to hook the whole thing on to.

My projector is an Optoma pico projector, and is a little dull at times being a low,powered LED projector. I purchased it to avoid having to buy any more bulbs, and once you get used to a source that does not light up the entire room during bright scenes, it's perfect for films and gaming. This screen makes my pico look even brighter than it has ever looked before, which is a real bonus.

I tend to buy electronic items with a vague plan of when I will upgrade them. I can see this screen being used for many years to come. It does not need upgrading- it's that good.
What's this?