Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 26 February 2002
I was really quiet shocked when I heard this album, friends had recommended it to me with some kind of because-I-like-Weezer-I-will-therefore-like-this kind of logic.
Trouble is, I found this album to be pretty disappointing throughout. Maybe what did it for me was the quite, quite awful intro to "A Praise Chorus" which should force the album to carry a whopping great warning sticker that reads "DREADFUL 80'S GUITAR RAAWK POWER BALLARD INTRO CONTAINED WITHIN! PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION!". After that not even the mildly entertaining "The Middle" could save this album from heading straight to the bottom of my album pile.
Anyone with even a slight interest in American Boys With Guitars That Aren't Sum-Limp-Blink 41 (...whatever) are advised not to get too carried away and buy this without sitting down and having a good, long hard listen first.
Me? I'll stick with Weezer. Or even Rival Schools for that matter.
11 Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?