on 25 February 2012
I bought this pack for a college project and planned to cut shapes from the film and overlay them.

The sheets are really quite thin so you need a sharp pair of scissors to cut accurately. But for the price, I wasn't expecting thick, quality film.

The disappointing thing for me was that this film doesn't actually seem to be coloured film. In fact, it's clear film with coloured ink applied to it. This means that when I draw on the film with permanent markers, they remove the colour from it.

It also means that I'm reluctant use the film in some of the ways I had wanted to, like for example using it with PVA glue - I'm scared the colour will run off into the glue and leave clear plastic film behind. But it also means I can use the film in ways I hadn't imagined. Like for example I have begun to scrape the ink off a sheet of film with a blunt scalpel meaning I can 'etch' images onto it.

So, if you just need some inexpensive coloured film for a project, this might be for you. But if you're looking for something a bit more durable and of premium quality, it's probably best to look elsewhere.
0Comment| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?