on 2 October 2009
I've been waiting for this game a long time. And now that I've played it, I can say it was worth the wait, but not was I was expecting !
It's a very arcade-oriented game with his 3 different types of handling (arcade, realistic or simulator), and amazing to play: stunning graphics, lightings that completely reflects what you can see in flight, (almost) easy to play, realistic damages, dozens of highly detailed warbirds, landscapes are breath-taking and lag-free, etc...
But (cause there's always a but) some small things really annoy me. The flight physics, for instance, that make the P51 Mustang and the Me262 completely unflyable,the lack of cockpits for the axis aircrafts, the Me163 that was given a jet engine (it was a ROCKET engine, dammit ! I don't understand what happened there, as the PC versions of the IL2 serie didn't make this mistake), the stupidity of some missions (you begin the mission with 8 rockets, and at least 30 tanks to destroy => see the problem here ?). All of this is making this title a really good game, far better than blazing angels or HAWX, and a little funnier to play than Ace Combat 6. But it's too arcade for me and it's definitely not the hardcore sim I wanted to play... I guess I'll have to wait for the next PC version of IL2 (Storm of War).
11 Comment| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?