Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Eminem Shop now Shop now

on 8 August 2006
I liked this book. It book is in two parts. First is theory I found that the theory was clear enough to understand it. Diagrams always help :-) In many ways the first part is "just another TCP/IP book¨

What set this book apart for me is the second half and the software (on the CD). It uses a series of labs to do various part of the stack including serial and ethernet drivers. I found it was brilliant for understanding the theory.

The target processor is ARM which is everyone's favourite at the moment! One thing I like is the dev kits used are obtainable in most countries (they are IAR kits to match the compiler) I hate having to send off to the other side of the world for hardware for a book! That said the SW runs in the simulator too though that is pointless for comms SW!

I think the book is easy to read, all the SW and tools are on the CD. If you want to understand TCP/IP from theory to the last byte of SW this is the book.. This is an ideal book for students. I can see it becoming THE course book for TCP/iP

Why only 4 stars? I had to go and buy a dev kit to really use the SW. I now hacve a new nodes on the network. The quation is what do I get the board to do now.
What's this?