on 18 February 2012
R.J Ellory has such a unique style of writing. He writes about the dark, seedy side of life but in such a light, eloquent way.
The characterisation is excellent, even if you despise a character, you can see how they became the way they are. The story follows the life-changing and fateful events of two teenage half-brothers, Elliott Danzinger and Clarence Luckman, over a nine day period and explores the consequences of coming face to face with evil and how that effects the two boys.

I particularly liked the character of John Cassidy, a detective who wants to know "why?" as well as "who, what & where?" A man who wants to make a difference, rather than just make a name for himself. A little touch of tv's "Criminal Minds" there, which I'm a big fan of.

There are twists in the plot that made me hold my breath and at one point I put the Kindle down, walked off to make a cup of tea, shaking my head and saying to my husband "No, that can't happen!" of course he had no idea what I was talking about :-)

It can be frustrating when you get to the end of a book and are left feeling that something is missing or not worked out right, but the ending of "Bad Signs" was just as I would have chosen it to end!!

If you like reading Crime or Thriller fiction I would urge you to try an R.J. Ellory novel, I'm confident you wont be disappointed.
What's this?