Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now The Equalizer 2 The Equalizer 2 The Equalizer 2 Learn more Learn more Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

2 September 2014
It's almost 20 years since I left school with an very poor grade in maths. Maths has always been my achilles heal, but recently I made a career change where maths skills are used daily. I was out of my depth and although sceptical about how much any one book could help, I have to say that I could not recommend this book more strongly.

The chapters are fairly short but succinct and informative with examples and quizzes throughout. For me much of the content is new, but even in the section with familiar basic arithmetic, I found more effective ways to do calculations - and without a calculator! It's a few weeks since I finished this book and I am now comfortable with fractions, percentages, logs, roots and powers, and so much more. It has really boosted my confidence and I am now taking a maths course to build my skills further. This is an excellent book for anyone who wants to brush up their maths skills.
5 people found this helpful