on 24 August 2012
Really liked this one. It was a cute story of boy meets girl, acts like a jerk, feels bad about it and makes it up to her. I liked how it was written, but I didn't feel like Freefall made much of an emotional impact on me to take it's rating beyond "fun read" into something more substantial.

Seth and Rosetta were cool characters, and they had a lot going for them as a couple. They found common ground after some initial skirmishes, and I liked how they gradually came to realize how much they needed each other. I think my only criticism of Seth would be that he was a little slow on the uptake in realizing why Rosetta had the phobia she did. He was otherwise a really swoonsome character. Rosetta was a little too perfect for me to really connect with. She was like a little doll. She did have issues, but generally given why she had them, I think they could have been a lot more prominent in her life.

I liked Kendall a lot. She had a "take no prisoners" attitude which I loved, but she was kind of unfeeling. She knew things that would make a real difference to Seth in his life and she chose not to say anything. She was pretty messed up, and she asked him for favors and then didn't reciprocate by being a decent human being. So I wasn't surprised to see her up to her neck in it by the end.

Overall, this was just a fun read which I zipped through quite quickly. I didn't take away any major thoughts about grief, although that was a topic which saw some exploration.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink