on 5 April 2013
It was the year my wife and I started going out together. Hardly knew one another, but this was playing at a local cinema and she 'had to go.'
She loved it, and so did I to a degree, but somehow the superb realism of man's inhumanity to man got to me, and I felt quite depressed by the end. We walked outside and she smiled and said 'I'd like to see that again'' And being the beau who was new to this lady's charms, I had to smile and agree. And so we did.
Second time around Oliver Reed's (and the rest of the casts') superb acting and the visual effects became more impressive, and I began to realise what a gritty and gory history we human beings have had.
The impact of The Devils has not been diluted with time, and is no doubt now one of Oliver's most famous roles. This is where our ancestor's came from, our kin folk acted like this, and in many ways, we still do. An epic and 'must see' piece of cinematography and history. Mankind is the most violent creature on this planet, and never forget it.
What's this?