on 8 October 2008
I bought four books of this series and found this one of the most useful ones; it's very practical and helps to become more aware of the mechanics of storywriting. For me it's something to take in, think about, and then let go to the back of my mind - writing with this book constantly next to you is probably not going to work out so well.

This book does not focus on getting a novel published, which I found pleasant (some of the others in the series do do this, and I find it a bit paralysing to think of that while I'm writing) but just on crafting a good story. One thing I would like to see different is exercises that are more open to the idea that the reader already has a story going on. Many of the exercises are about analysing published books, and I would like a little more working with an existing (or growing) story.
0Comment| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?