on 24 July 2013
I've had mine for 8 months now and I don't know how I'd ever cope without it. I extended my memory with a 32GB class 10 SD card which I crammed with HD video in avi and Mkv formats. No shrinking or converting required everything plays seamlessly even blueray quality HD with subtitles on. The display is better than my HD Tv. (I use vlc player as it has more options but the stock player is just as good). Typically I can watch blueray quality videos from 6pm until between 11 and midnight before I need too plug in the charger. (which beats my friends galaxy tab 2) I have utilised the HDMI out and streamed my films onto my friends and families TV, the results were perfect blueray quality. The touch screen is responsive, typing easy to do. The internet is just as responsive via wi-fi as my laptop and the is tablet more convenient too use. I've sync'd my GPS with google and searches now yields local shops, restraunts and take-aways. The google maps helps planning a journey. I downloaded the printer app and can print wirelessly with the printer from the tablet. Toshiba have a useful updates app which makes updating drivers, apps, functions and even the operating system easy and full proof. (I recently upgraded from jellibean 4.1 to 4.2 operating system.) I have downloaded the kindle app and read books at night in bed, the back light screen being perfect for this. I also downloaded a comic reader as the tablet is the perfect size to display comics and I have the complete deadpool and batman collection. Being a quad core this can play any game in the play store and I have some demanding HD first person shooter and fantasy games which only run on quad cores. They play perfectly and the graphics display is awesome. The android mail app thats preloaded is sooooooo useful. I have multiple emails with hotmail, yahoo, gmail and btinternet, I added them all to this one app now one click displays all my e-mails in one convenient place. The calander and diary functions are useful as is the weather app. The reviews say the sound can be tinny when listening to bass heavy loud music via the speakers, but this is normal for a tablet, and to be fair I've rarely noticed especially if watching a video. Persoanlly I even found music play back via the built in speakers to be acceptable, but purists would probably complain about the bass etc. However add headphones and the quality is as good as the headphones you use (ie poor quality headphones yield poor quality sound but a good pair of headphones yeilds flawless sound). The front facing camera is perfect for skype calls. The rear facing one becomes grainy if your target moves, ok at rest but you wouldn't use it too replace your digital camera. The video recording is okay youtube quality but I've not tested that fully. As with all tablets the screen suffers under direct sunlight, but alter the display settings and its still usable. It has wide viewing angles so its easy for a host of people to sit round the tablet and watch the latest funny youtube video. It multi-tasks quite well. There are every conceivable office app in the play store so you can use this for memos' accounts, etc etc etc. It is extremely versatile and usable.

Overall its quick responsive great display and does everything you could ask from a tablet seamlessly. I haven't a single complaint and consider this too be the best buy I've made in a long time.
11 Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?