on 12 December 2013
I've had this for a few months now and have scanned in a couple of carrier bags full of historic paper in my bid to free myself of as much paper as I can. I am a big Evernote user, and after being paperless on my inbound post for nearly 2 years with a Doxie Go felt it was time to get something faster to complement it.

Scansnaps get great reviews and I was attracted to this for the wireless scanning so I didn't have to keep it connected to the Mac.

Setup went OK and initially I was blown away by the speed of getting bulk amounts of paper into Evernote. As others have written it's a shame it can't rely on the inbuilt Apple software, but I've found it to be OK. 6 stars out of 5, I was very happy.

Then out came Mavericks. I emailed Fujitsu to ask about compatibility and got a rather badly worded response telling me that there were some incompatibilities and a software upgrade was required. Fair enough. Unfortunately it wasn't as smooth as this, and I was without wireless scanning for two or three weeks. Technical support was dreadful, possibly one of the worst experiences I've ever had, having emails being sent from both Germany and the UK by different people telling me to do different things. In the end I solved my initial problem myself through a lot of trial and error.

It's now working OK, but is so much slower than it was. I'm not sure whether this is Evernote, the Fujitsu software or a combination of both. I suspect it's software related as hooking it up to a windows 7 laptop was far quicker (yet the laptop is of a slower spec than the mac air).

I still think the hardware is excellent; simple operation and I've had probably two jams in the many sheets that have gone through it, but the Mac side coupled with poor customer support is disappointing. I certainly couldn't recommend this to family who aren't computer savvy.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.