on 2 May 2011
Colour: Silver|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My usual pocket digital camera is a Panasonic Lumix, a fairly basic model available for half the price of this camera. For the purposes of this review this is my base to compare it to.

I've had a pocket camera with a similar size zoom about 2 years ago, and the first thing that strikes me with this one is how light it is. The camera is also fairly slimline. While I wouldn't comfortably put it in my pocket, it's small enough to keep in a handbag or beach bag. The zoom adds little to the bulk of the camera, but is quite easy to use. Unfortunately it's not very sensitive and I did find it quite hard to get it as I wanted, always going too far or not far enough. I also found it a lot harder to zoom in close to take photos for example nature photos. I did feel this was something of a let down for this camera, as it can not find the focus with a depth range of less than about 20cm.

The big plus point is the images are sharp, very sharp. The camera also automatically adjusts the light levels, which creates nicely balanced photos, but zooming in and out can create a completely different balance of colours and tone. I do think the picture quality on this is superb.

The screen is huge, and you can zoom clearly into elements of the photo. There are a lot of nice features on this camera, the ability to take 360 panoramic photos for example (but where do you get them printed?!) and taking full videos as you would with a camcorder.

Overall while this is a very impressive little camera, and if you want the long zoom I would thoroughly recommend it, for an every day pocket camera I don't think it justifies the price tag.
22 Comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?