on 3 January 2014
From what I can tell, this isn't really microdermabrasion, but I'd say it's pretty brilliant just as an exfoliation system. I've been using this just twice a week for the past couple of months, and my skin has never been as soft, smooth or radiant in my life. It doesn't stop me from getting spots - that seems to be mostly dictated by diet, sleep, water intake, etc. - but they don't last as long as they used to and my skin recovers quickly. I am black and tend to get dark marks left behind after a breakout, regardless of whether or not they get scratched, but having a spot now is a lot less disastrous than it used to be. Though this isn't all down to the Skin Doctor's system because of mu regular face packs, there is enough of a difference when I haven't used it for a week that I can tell that it is definitely playing a big part.

I don't know how much of a difference the actual powerbrasion machine makes but the vibrations are quite relaxing. I probably wouldn't have bought it on its own, but the two products that it comes with cost more separately than the whole kit did, so it made sense to get the lot. A lot of people seem to be talking about the great crystals, but there aren't as many mentions of the equally great Gamma Hydroxy resurfacer. I now wouldn't do without either of these products: the crystals can get a bit messy - make sure to not be wearing a low cut top where they can fall down the cleavage - but my skin feels better immediately. The only little disappointment is that I actually wanted something to help even out the dark marks that I already had and this hasn't really had that effect, but the radiant condition of my face and the extra confidence that it has given me has made that problem surprisingly insignificant.

The Gamma Hydroxy resurfacing moisturiser can tingle/slightly sting after exfoliation, but nothing too bad. I was a bit alarmed at first as my face tends to be allergic to things that are fine for most people and I feared that the tingling was the start of an allergic reaction. It wasn't, and my skin feels smooth, healthy and even plumper. I don't use it as my daily moisturiser but occasionally use it when I go makeup-less.

Overall, I would recommend this to anybody looking to step up their skincare a bit. Replacement products are a bit pricey, but you don't use very much at a time, so they should last quite a while.
0Comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details