on 12 October 2010
Titus Andronicus is probably one of Shakespeare's lesser known plays to most; I only read it as an outreach to something different, and to, hopefully, be surprised. I was very pleased with my choice as I enjoyed more than I did Othello (possibly just me, but I did none-the-less). However, I am not going to review Shakespeare as there are those far more qualified than I; I will just say that it is not your average Shakespeare play, lots of gruesome parts and no real love story going on.

I will review the Arden edition that I have purchased though: a fantastic set of explanatory notes, the indroduction by Jonathan Bate is one of the best by Arden I've read, with plenty of interesting topics to discuss and mull over and the appendices are another great set of notes. The publishing quality is very good, as always with Arden, too.

Overall, a great purchase, at an ever-Arden low price.
What's this?