on 14 September 2011
I've been a fan of Hugh and all things River Cottage for a while, and his latest offering does not disappoint!

I'm not actually a vegetarian - in fact, I'm a rather enthusiastic carnivore - but I do love my vegetables too and, after looking through a few vegetarian cookbooks searching for a bit of variety to add to my daily meals, I happened upon Veg Every Day. There are some really fantastic recipes in there, from elegant salads and flavoursome dressings to hearty stews and soups guaranteed to satisfy lovers of rich, tasty food. They take a bit of time to prepare and cook, but the time spent is always well worth it.

Having only bought the book recently I've not made too much from it, however so far I can recommend the Chachouka (a sort of tomato, onion and pepper stew from North Africa) and Suede and Potato Pasties - especially delicious at this time of year. There are so many recipes I've made a mental note of to try over the coming weeks, and there are only a few recipes in the whole book that don't appeal to me.

From what I've seen, this is definitely the best vegetarian cookbook out there at the moment, and is long overdue. If you're into your veggies, or are just wanting a bit of a change from meat or fish, or even if you simply want to impress your vegetarian friends, buy it - you won't be disappointed!
0Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?