on 30 July 2014
Stunning! Exactly what you need. Must have if you emulate! I was iffy because of the reviews saying "it doesn't work, etc" but those comments aren't directed at emulators.

I can use epsxe, my oldboy! (free), my boy! (free) and SNES9x. I haven't tried PPSSPP yet but zi'm assuming it will.

I downloaded the MOGA Universal Driver off the PlayStore right after I downloaded the MOGA Pivot App. I suggest you do the same because this review is based on my experience with them both and I have no clue about the compatibility without the Universal Driver. It is a 3rd Party App separate from MOGA (I think. Once you search it it will be one of the first results with an icon of a Pro MOGA controller).

The product took little to no setup, except on epsxe where you have to make Player 1 Default the MOGA controller. All the rest detected it and used it as default straight away.

This is a well built product. Some of you maybe worried about the weight balance between controller and phone; since the controller is plastic. It is not an issue for me and I'm an exceptionally small weakling using an HTC One M8.

The analogue sticks are a little firm and do need some training. I'm not sure if I've got used to them or if they're more supple now. Either way, it doesn't bother me anymore.

Note - This isn't the comfiest controller. If you want pure comfort and practicality, go for the pro controller. However, this suits its purpose of being a mobile controller given its lightweight fold out design.

Some of you maybe worried about the phone hold arm too. Trust me, it isn't a problem. It would hold a Galaxy Note no problem. The arm itself isn't flimsy at all. It holds my HTC One firm and tight. The gel pads are a godsend, although they attract dirt because they're slightly sticky.

The Bluetooth is average. The connection is great once you get connected up, don't get me wrong, I haven't dropped out once and I haven't experienced lag. Although, it does take like 20 seconds to reconnect once you disconnect. Disconnection happens every time I lock my phone, but the MOGA's battery stays on. A bit of a dead end feature if you ask me. I don't know if I can change that in settings, but I will update once I've found out.

Also! I was a bit disappointed with the lack of D-Pad and shoulder buttons. It does have triggers, but only one set. This hasn't really hindered me. It just bothers me because there is obviously ample space.
As for the D-Pad, it isn't MUCH of a problem. The pictures are deceiving, as the left analogue stick appears to be in the cavity shape of a diamond, which would obviously restrict diagonal movements. This is not the case. It is infact in a circle cavity (Thank God) and you are able to move diagonally. The diamond inlay is just an aesthetic feature. Although, this isn't practical if you're going to play games like Street Fighter and Tekken.

But yeah, there's also room for a D-Pad, I don't know why they didn't implement it. Maybe it was just cheaping out, making sure it was a affordable. I'm neither hot or cold though, I feel as if it wasn't absolutely necessary to have one or not. Idc. BUT, if a D-Pad is really, really important to you, get the Pro.

This product runs on two AAA Batteries, which is brilliant because you're not tethered to a charger and batteries are widely available. Even though you have to pay for power, you can really cheap ones, which will do just fine. This thing isn't a powerhouse and batteries last quite a long time. Also, once you chuck a new set in you pretty much know you have 100% straight away, which is great.

This contraption fares very well. I just been to France recently and I wish I ordered this before France. This thing is a godsend for long car journeys.

It is 10000000000x better than on screen virtual gamepads. It feels like a traditional console controller, which stretches across many platforms. And for the price it's one of the best buys you can make if you are a struggling emulator gamer on android who finds themselves turning of your games after 5minutes because you can't handle the virtual input interface.

5 Stars!