on 21 October 2011
Trust are a brand that has a certain amount of tech snobbery directed at them. I myself have been guilty of this in the past, despite having never even owned a single Trust peripheral to even come to this snobbish opinion in the first place. After purchasing this tablet my opinion is now completely reversed, and I now highly rate both their hardware and their customer service, with which I had some minor dealings with as I'll explain.

I purchased this tablet/pen combo based solely on the price (it was a mere £24.97 at the time!) and also having recently given up on Wacom's supposedly superior tablets, which no longer deserve the reputation they have in my opinion. All but one of my Wacom tablets purchased over the years has become faulty or unusable just outside of the warranty period! Wacom will repair outside of the warranty at 100% cost to you for repair and postage costs, which are very high, and their attitude in email comm's is pretty flippant once the warranty is expired, as well as being slow to even reply.

Anyways, I took a punt at this graphics tablet, it arrived and unfortunately the pen was faulty from the start. Not good! I contacted Trust customer service, who quickly replied and offered to send me a replacement pen free of charge! In the meantime I exchanged the faulty pen and tablet via Amazons return service.

The replacement functions superbly. Penny for penny you would get a tablet with a much much lower spec from the likes of Wacom. A Wacom tablet of similar spec would be around the £200 mark.

The battery powered pen is something I was a bit unsure about, but after a short amount of use you'd forget it was even battery operated. The only minor fault regarding the pen is if you do not use it for a little while it switches off to conserve power, and you have to click the tablet with the pen to wake it up. For a short period the pen cursor is then a bit jittery after wake up. This is the only fault - if you can call it that? - with the whole pen/tablet package. A minor plus for me at least, is the pen nib pushes in on a stiff spring when you write/draw, which gives more physical feedback than pressing down on a hard nib with no give.

The tablet build quality and functions are the same as my past Wacoms, lag free, slickly designed, nice finish etc. I use many illustration app's, CS4, Sketchbook Pro, Corel Painter, Artrage Studio etc, and also Zbrush. All worked fine with the tablet.

I cannot comment on the longevity of this tablet, but my dealing with Trust customer service have reassured me that should it go wrong they will sort it. They offer a two year warranty, EXACTLY the same as Wacom! Considering their price, Wacoms tablets should have a lifetime guarantee!

All in all, I would never hesitate in buying Trust hardware in the future, especially their graphics tablets.

EDIT: Still going strong as of June 2014! I found that since switching to Windows 8.1, I've had to avoid using the tablet in mouse mode. It causes lag when 'hovering' the pointer if I do. I'm not sure why it does this. In pen mode it is completely lag free though.
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details