on 21 May 2013
I listened to some of the tracks on Youtube because I'm a big Kaiser Chiefs fan, and was interested to hear Ricky Wilson as the Artilleryman. I bought it soon after, and have not been able to stop listening!
I know that most of the reviews here are by people who are die-hard fans of the original, but I'm only 18, and had never heard the original, so, even if you don't like the New Generation, surely it's a good way to get the younger generations to hear WOTW?
Personally, I like Liam Neeson as the Narrator, he may sound a bit dry, but he is playing a journalist after all! Joss Stone is great as Beth, and Maverick Sabre's vocals really surprised me (in a good way) when I first heard it. I've never been a big fan of Gary Barlow, but his voice really suits the part, especially in Forever Autumn. I enjoy Alex Clare as the voice of humanity, and although Ricky Wilson may not be the greatest voice actor, I love Brave New World, and love how energetic and passionate he sounds - perfect for the Artillerman.

All in all, I really enjoy this and, although it is definitely not the same as the original, it's amazing in it's own right!
3 people found this helpful