VINE VOICEon 2 June 2012
Format: Audio CD|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It could just be me, but, I really found this single BBC CD (runtime approx 1 hour) very hard to get into both because of the implausible plot and the reading style. The plot centres around Yasmin finding a jewelled egg in her grandfather's shed which she tries to sell on-line to a Russian Secret Agent who shoots her brother. Sgt Andy Davidson investigates and it becomes apparent the egg contains a "Shiva Virus" that threatens mankind. The plot then centres on Andy Davidson and Yasmin following the trail of the virus.

The audiobook is read by Tom Price, and, apart from the implausible plot, he reads the book as though there are too many commas in it - the result is a 'stop/start' style of narration which, bluntly proves irritating. Linked to the esoteric nature of the series and the odd plot this was, for me, the final straw. I had to go back to this disc a couple times before I got through to the end, given it's only an hour long this is not encouraging.

Sorry, but for the reasons above, I can't recommend this audiobook. I'm happy to accept the fault may lie with me and my limited exposure to the Torchwood series, but, there are other series that I've 'parachuted' into and thoroughly enjoyed.
What's this?