on 2 July 2014
Let me say immediately that I'm a great fan of the late George MacDonald Fraser and having read all of the `Flashman' books, I think they're superb.

And in addition to that, let me also say that I'm not afraid to have a rant published either and to conclude, I agree with just about everything GMF has to sound off about.

But having said all that, this book really didn't work for me. Yes, it was well-written and his dealings with the great and the good of Hollywood quite interesting but to interpose rants between memoirs seemed a rather odd way of going about things; I would have preferred two books; one devoted to memoirs, another to rants.

I think I'll stick to unsurpassed Flashman; whom I visit again and again.
What's this?