on 15 March 2010
I read something somewhere on Asus' site that said this card has around 30 times better sound quality than on-board sound. Prior to this card I was using the Asus Gene 2's on-board sound chip and even though it was acceptable for my Windows beeps and blips, Youtube vids and powering my low end Logitech 5.1 pc speakers, the quality was not high enough for my AKGs nor high enough for listening to good music. It was between this and Creative's top product and I wanted top audio quality so I went this way.

This card's audio quality is amazing. Music gives me eargasms again and I hear twice as many sounds in games as I did before. The inputs on the back of the card have coloured leds inside them which makes plugging in the orange one, the green one or any other one a breeze. If you have this card but don't have a good set of speakers or headphones then you'll just waste it. It's the same as buying a Canon Mark2 and using a coke bottle for a lense. Overall I rate this card 5/5, would buy again.
11 Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?