on 26 April 2011
I was utterly drawn in to the world described in the pages of this unassuming novel.
I love books about India but this is a modern take on a very ancient story written from a female perspective.

I cannot rate it highly enough. At first thought, as i bought it on a recommendation it would appear to be quite fantastical and this did not appeal to me as i like very dark urban fiction if i am reading that sort of thing. However it is not as fairytale like as the write ups make it out to be. It is the tale of one woman and how her life is shaped by her not taking heed of 3 warnings given to her early on in her life as she longs to be a woman and a wife.

This will remain on my bookshelf and I will re read it - i wanted to know what happened but was saddened that I had finished it !! So i ordered more from the same author.

Excellent book in my opinion if you like Indian culture and history
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink