on 11 February 2006
I have a two and half year old Son and was drawn to read this book, as I have also two other children twenty years older who were raised when childrens' t.v. did not really exist.
Everyone, should read this book, it is both fascinating and compelling and I challenge anyone who reads it not to find it changes how they see that box that sits in the corner of all our sitting rooms, (and more to the point in our bedrooms and our childrens bedrooms!).The book is extremely easy to read and the facts and research referred to give information that is simply 'jaw-dropping'.
When I finished this book I stopped my son viewing any t.v. at all. He was two and a quarter and not speaking at all, for which we were concerned. Within two weeks he suddenly started talking. You might say this was a happy coincidence, but I urge you to read this book and judge for yourself. Incidentally I lent this book to my 25 year old daughter who has two sons. She rang me having finished it and said 'Mum I wish I had a £1000 to spare, I would buy as many copies of this book as I can and leave it everywhere for people to read'.
11 Comment| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?