Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 April 2013
Reviewed at: £50

At the price tag these are reviewed at, there are a lot of other earphones that one could buy. My all-time favourite earphones at the "under £50" price mark are the Sony MDR-EX510's and the UE 350's. Both these contenders are extremely good earphones.
The consonance, thus has a lot of competition from two very much established audio brands.

Audio Quality:
The consonance, is extremely good, especially at this price point.
The mids are nice and clear, the highs are extended and not rolled off.
The lows are just right, they have the right balance of mid-bass and sub-bass to them. They also don't bleed into the mids too much, meaning there is a good tonality between the mids and lows.
In simple terms: These earphones sound very good indeed.

They also don't need to be driven by an amp, as they are perfectly loud, playing out of a Samsung Galaxy S 3.
Overall, the sound quality has very few flaws, and to be honest at this price point, I would say are utterly brilliant. I would pick these over the UE350's without a shadow of a doubt, without a single hesitation (I have both and before writing the above statement compared them thoroughly).
As for the sound quality versus the EX510's, I would say they are on-par with the EX510's, however have more mid-bass than the EX510's and thus suffer in the mids. Whereas the EX510's excelled in the mids and wasn't as well matched with low-end frequencies.
So if I had to choose between the EX510's and the FA Consonance's - I would pick the FA's as I prefer that low-end frequency that they produce.

Accessories and Packaging:
I really like what FA have done. You have the right amount of accessories, and the packaging looks really good. The pouch is ideal for on-the-go portability.

Microphonics:
This is known as cable noise, when walking with them.
The major flaw, and pretty much the ONLY flaw of these earphones is their cable and thus microphonics. They aren't that good, unlike the EX510's when it comes to this department. I was forced to wear these over-the-ear, as when any piece of clothing rubbed against the wire, whilst these were being worn straight down, it would cause a lot of cable noise in my ear.

Overall:
These are a MUST buy for people willing to spend around £50 on earphones. I would pay an extra little bit over the £50 price bracket, but not by much, as it would be entering other territories in earphones. At £50 these are a steal, and really ought to get more publicity, as they really deserve it.
As said above, the only flaw of these is the cable noise produced, whilst walking around with these, but other than that, these earphones are my recommended earphones for anyone looking for under £50 earphones.
These are my new back-up pair of earphones (main ones being the PFE232's).

Hope this review helped you!
-TotallydubbedHD
review image