on 26 April 2011
I knew from the first sentence that I would love this story which probably has one of the best opening lines since "Pride & Prejudice". I also wish Neil Gaiman had been writing when I was young, as to have been able to appreciate "The Graveyard Book" as a child would have been very special I think.

It isn't a perfect story by any means. I wanted to know more about how the Jacks found out about Bod and more about Bod's parents. Also, as someone else mentioned, what it was they did the rest of the time. I also felt a bit short-changed by being denied the detail of the "work" Silas and Miss Lupescu were doing on Bod's behalf in other parts of the world.

However I did like the way in which the reader was given clues and allowed to make his or her own mind up - about what Silas is for example - and I did wonder whether the Man Jack was actually Jack the Ripper although he is never named as such.

It has been a long, long time since I have read a story I didn't want to end but this was certainly one of those. Thank you Neil, I shall definitely be adding more of your books to my wish list!
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details