on 28 July 2013
"I'm not looking to get hurt, Taz. I'm just looking to get thoroughly f~ k~d."

Love Plus One is second book in the G-Man series. Though each book has its own hero/heroine I recommend they be read in order:
Diamond Girl (book 1)
Love Plus One (book 2)
Untitled (book 3)

Love Plus One is Taz and Lindsey's story, told from both of theirs POVs. We met them both in Diamond Girl. Lindsey is Sammie's daughter and bad boy biker, Taz works with Slate.

The story picks up about a year after the ending of book 1. Lindsey and Taz keep running into each other and both have an attraction to each other, but age difference and circumstances have them reluctant to admit or act on it. When Lindsey meets a preppy guy at school who she hopes to be dating she feels she is in need of some improved bed skills. So she turns to Taz for some instructions. The story goes from there following them in their budding romance while villains from their past and book 1 continue to haunt them. As mentioned, though each book has its own hero/heroine and a happy ending, there is an unfolding mystery that carries on through the series.

Hero: Trace Matthews, aka Taz/28 years/FBI-part time student, Masters in Psychology-ex-military/sandy brown hair/green eyes/tattoos
Five words to describe Taz Matthews: sexy, possessive, bossy, reliable and real.

"He was studying me now with those gorgeous, green bedroom eyes of his."

Heroine: Lindsey Dennison/20 years/student, Economics/brown hair/green eyes
Four words to describe Lindsey Dennison: spunky, endearing, naive and annoying.

"Lindsey was beautiful and cute, innocent and sexy, sweet and a smart-ass. That was what fascinated me so much about her. She was multi-dimensional, yet not complicated."

Warning! I feel the need to warn that there is a rape scene (by a villain) in this story. On a happier note I am pleased to report that Trey Sinclair from the Baby series makes an appearance.

Andrea Smith's witty writing has always clicked with me. In this book I rated her story-telling at 4.5 stars. Half a star was deducted because Lindsey's POVs were at times too long-winded. Taz's POVs were perfect! My reason for not rating it higher more ties into plot and my own preference for larger-than-life heroes. Taz and Lindsey a both very real and tangible people.

Sexy and suspenseful! Overall a great read! Thanks Ms. Smith!

"It was new territory for me sexually, and for Taz, it was undeniably new territory for him emotionally."

***
Story ending rating: 4.5 stars
Book editing rating (5 = no edits spotted): 4 stars
****************************************
Overall rating: 4 stars

Would I recommend this series: Yes.
Would I re-read this series: Maybe later.
Would I read future books by this author: Yes.

ARC provided to me by author in exchange for a honest review.
What's this?