on 15 April 2014
Update after a year or so of ownership of 3 handsets and 2 mini servers . When they work it's brilliant. But after a year or so reliability is getting very poor. People call and the phones don't ring and calls keep getting cut off. I needed to make a call the other day and the call cut off after 20-30 secs every time. Same problem using any combination of handset/mini server. Re-booted everything. Same problem-must have tried 30 times to make the call. I wondered if it was the Dualphone at fault or Skype so in desperation I fired up my old laptop running Skype on Linux. Made the call, no problems, call quality good, not cutting off. Conclusion - Dualphones are somehow failing. Working fine this morning but no guarantee I won't miss a call or that i can make a call when i need to.
Had to resort to putting Skype on my Iphone and Ipad so as to be sure not to miss calls.
Dualphone no longer fit for purpose after barely a year of ownership.

IMHO there is a firmware issue and no-one is bothering to update it. There has been no firmware update in the whole time I've owned the phones

Latest update. I've found a workaround so that the phone keeps ringing and you actually have enough time to pick up the call. TURN OFF VOICEMAIL - on the phone itself, not on Skype on your computer. There's no voicemail after that but at least you get enough time to answer the d*mn thing in the first place. It now rings and rings and rings until I answer it. hallelujah !

Amendment to my review below. The phone will only ring twice before going to voicemail. There is no point messing with your Skype client settings, the problem is with the phone software. RTX know about it, and have known about it for at least 2 years - the Skype forum is full of complaints. Unless you're as fast as Usain Bolt, the d*mn thing is USELESS. YOU MISS EVERY CALL and RTX don't seem to care.
So don't buy it and maybe they'll get round to fixing the problem.
A great product ruined by cr*p customer service

Bought this to replace our VOIP Voice Uconnect USB adapter which allowed us to use our normal phones with Skype & landline. Unfortunately the old Uconnect adapter only works with Windows XP and is now totally unsupported and there's nothing comparable in the market.
So we bought one of these.
Set up - it worked straight out of the box. I just had to log in to my Skype account and everything worked just fine.
The menu is very intuitive, easy to use and call quality is astonishing.
We only use it as a Skype phone so can't comment on quality of landline calls.
Will be buying an extension handset.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.