TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 July 2013
This MP3 album popped up on my recommended list from Amazon and curiosity got the better of me - so I had a quick listen to the samples and read the reviews. 10 minutes later I bought it!!

This is a pretty decent collection of mood/lounge/chillout tracks from artists that I had never heard of before and covers a wide range of styles, so there should be something here for most musical tastes, if you are looking for music to have on in the background. The tracks vary in length from just over 1 minute to about 10.5 minutes and I have not yet checked if the shorter ones are complete or just samples (something to do on a rainy day, I guess!!).

My thanks to 'Hairy Hobbit' for their 4* review, as I found myself agreeing with it totally. Nothing really stood out as a really 'wow' track, but this is a good collection if you like to have music on whilst doing other things (which I do most days). Yes, there are 'filler' tracks and some of it sounds like lift or waiting room music and some of it gets a bit too trippy and experimental, but I reckon that even if you took out the tracks you really don't like, you would still be left with a selection of 70 -80 tracks that would provide reasonable ambient entertainment. So for £1.79 I think it is a good buy, nothing startling, but if you like to have music on for a large part of the day, this ain't bad!! It is also nice to hear new artists and styles without having to pay a fortune for the privilege. Only downside is that Amazon don't tell you what the bit rate is (I have complained to them about this failing with their MP3 site) The VBR seems to range from about 170kbps to 270kbps, with most tracks in the +200kbps range. Still, this is OK if you are only listening to it in the background or on an MP3 player. This is not something you want to be buying if you are going to listen to it on high end hi-fi kit!!

I did not have any problems with the download, which is about 1.83GB in size, but my internet download speed is reasonably fast, at ~5MB/sec, so this probably helped avoid issues.

Update Nov 2013 - What a shame that the price has gone up to £7.49 for this compilation - still, not bad value for 200 tracks though! I have flagged and deleted about 20 tracks that were really not my thing, but still a decent collection of mood/lounge/chillout tracks in ambient/world/jazz/lounge music genres. I am still listening to it on a regular basis.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.