on 27 February 2014
I studied fine art at university, because I love to draw. And I wanted to pursue it as a career. During my three years of degree I was told several times to stop drawing, so I did, and I completely lost my confidence with it.
This book not only really inspired me, but it also made me feel brave enough to take the first few steps and have started redeveloping a portfolio, and my head feels very busy with exciting ideas, the know how, and confidence to carry them out.
It is written in a very human, and encouraging style, like the words of an art tutor I wish I had had along the way in my art education.
I would highly recommend this book to anybody thinking of making a career from illustration!
3 people found this helpful