on 11 October 2001
I own both the paper back (with the extra chapter) and the hard back copy of this book, and I have to say, I laughed and cried my way through this book.
I have never enjoyed a book so much as I have Mick Foley's and I was happy to see that he opted to write the book on his own terms rather than through a ghost writer like the other wrestling stars. The only time I put the book down was when the passage came up about the late Owen Hart, it was beautifully written and shared private moments, that we wouldn't have known about.
This book is both personal to the man who wrote it, and it becomes personal to you, as it seems like he is telling his life to you and only you.
I recommend this book to both wrestling fans, and those who say that they wouldn't be caught dead watching this "fake sport". Read inside of the covers, and you will realise it is more than just sports entertainment, it is a way of life, and one that many love. If you don't know of Mick Foley it is a chance to see inside of a man that many regard as a "God" in the world of wrestling, and see just why he is so loveable. He will make you think twice about this sport.
Both thumbs up, he has done himself proud with this book.
4 people found this helpful