I pressed the order button and ...Wham! (Apologies to Roy Lichtenstein) No sooner had I confirmed my order than the books appeared at my door. Well okay! Not quite, but substantially less than twenty four hours for delivery is in my book a pretty spectacular performance, and that's free delivery, wow! Well done Yodel.

Now to the true subject matter, the original of this volume is older than me and from the illustrations and the slightly stilted prose it is quite evident. That does not matter one iota, not a jot, this is the quintessential drawing handbook and that it was unavailable for so many years a tragedy. This book will not turn me into a great artist, not even a competent one, only by really applying myself to mastery of the subject can I achieve that, but this book, and its companions will show me how to apply myself and to achieve the desired results. Even if I merely wanted this as an artistic artefact to further swell my burgeoning art history section it would be worth the price, it is wonderful and inspirational and a fitting tribute to an excellent illustrator. Enough of the fulsome praise, I am now to put its contents to the test, but it is a lovely thing to behold.

Drawing the Head and Hands A. Loomis *****
Successful Drawing A. Loomis *****
The Fundamentals of Drawing: A Complete Professional Course for Artists Barrington Barber *****
Drawing and Sketching in Pencil A. L. Guptill *****
The Artist's Complete Guide to Figure Drawing Anthony Ryder *****
66 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.