Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 23 December 2013
I have just bought a refurbished unit from laptops direct and I must says its possible the best laptop I have ever had.

1) The 500GB HD/ 24GB SSD combination makes it boot unbelievably fast from cold
2) Speed is good enough for anything except high performance games
3) Made me love Windows 8, which I still hate on my big games PC with 27" monitor
4) Very light, so very portable
5) Good battery life
6) Compared to my works Dell laptop it has the same keyboard size, 0.66" less monitor size, but a drastically smaller overall package
7) Does not get stupidly hot when used on your lap
8) No wifi issues
9) Good screen
10) The bezel around the screen and keyboard is small making the unit seem very small

Windows 8 should be renamed "Windows Touch" the touch experience makes the machine brilliant, you will never use the touch pad. I still hate Windows 8 on my Games PC with a large monitor. The children instantly, without explanation, worked out all the touch controls, pretty good.

The only downer was that all the SW needed updating which took forever, as I'm impatient, minutes on a fast connection and ages waiting while the disk whirred. I'm now running Windows 8.1 with an updated bios ... and all seems stable.
0Comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?