on 11 December 2011
After destroying two Canon cameras by either dropping them or getting them full of water I decided to get a tough camera and so far I'm impressed by the Nikon. Picture quality for the type of photo I take (outdoor and generally up a mountain) is pretty good and the ones I took in the snow covered Lakes are really rather good. However I would say the quality isn't quite as good as a standard lens system camera.
To be honest I can't say much about all the other picture settings other than the ones I've tried work ok. HD video is ok though I found you need quite a fast memory card, at least class 6.
The GPS works fine and I have to laugh at the points of interest as it always seems to come up with a pub. There is a world map however out in the countryside most of the map is a total blank.
I found I can use the camera wearing thinnish gloves no problem. I recommend you get a screen protector, Vikuiti or similar.
Battery life is reasonable. With the GPS on, on a freezing cold day I took 70 odd photos and the battery was still reading full.
On my wish list would be access to on screen exif/gps data. Graphical exposure details would be nice too.
Overall I'm very happy with my purchase of this camera.
What's this?