on 4 November 2013
I am not an acoustic engineer, but I love music from Mozart's Requiem to Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water. Although I shop at Amazon I am so impressed with these, I have decided to write a review which I am not tempted to do very often. My reason for buying these active noise cancelling headphones, is that I work on a University campus next to a science block where the constant noises of gases being pumped and pipes being laid, have led me to reach the end of my tether. I therefore decided to buy these headphones following reading several reviews on Amazon and elsewhere. They arrived three days after ordering with Super Saver from Superfi (very good delivery time). I put them together in seconds (the battery compartment turns sideways on the earphone without the active noise cancelling light) and in use the beautiful sound they produce with my iphone is total bliss. I am listening to the von Karajan Mozart's Requiem (via Amazon Cloud) as I write this and the experience is fantastic; the next best thing to the auditorium! Without the noise cancelling turned on the result is not bad but it is superb with the noise cancelling. The headphones come with a hard box to keep them safe when not in use, the earphones swivel flat to fit. I cannot recomment these Goldring Ns1000 Expedition earphones highly enough.

This is an update March 2015, as I was initially very happy but one of the plastic arms has now cracked and the other is showing signs of cracking. Currently usable but taped together! Cannot see them lasting too much longer!
11 Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?