52 of 53 people found the following review helpful
It Does what it says,
This review is from: Panasonic SD80 Full HD Camcorder - Black (SD Card Recording, x42 Intelligent Zoom, x37 Optical Zoom, Wide Angle Lens & iA + Face Recognition & New Hybrid OIS) (Camera)
Panasonic SD80 Full HD Camcorder - Black (SD Card Recording, x42 Intelligent Zoom, x37 Optical Zoom, Wide Angle Lens & iA + Face Recognition & New Hybrid OIS)
An exceptionally lightweight camcorder - this is a plus and a minus.
Picture quality very good, relatively simple to set up and operate - almost worth a 5 Star review. The ability to easily select video shots and save good quality jpg still shots, using the supplied software is a welcome feature. Zoom is effective and high quality results, at maximum zoom, can be achieved - the image stabilisation works well.
What prevents me from giving it 5 stars?
1. Its very lightness means that is is difficult to use some controls without shaking the camera.
2. The LCD display is rather small and could be brighter.
3. The touch screen facilites, with the small screen format, can be difficult to both read and use whilst the camera is in operation.
4. The lens cover opens when switched on, but does not close when switched off.
5. When using AUTO mode neither the Mic nor the in-built LED subject illumination light can be disabled (low light use).
6. No "Quick Start" guide supplied, only a full manual. There is a pdf Quick Start guide available on the Panasonic site.
All in all, despite some negative comments, a good camera at a good price.
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Dec 2012 09:43:59 GMT
Ive been looking for night vision cam but they all apear to be low light. I have a mini dvd camcorder from sony which is old now by todays standards and that has night vision... ???? so which one is best and I dont want to pay over the odds for one. My sony was £160 when I brought it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›