on 22 March 2011
This is my first Ipod (or MP3 player!). I was originally looking at the Ipod Shuffle but decided that I would prefer a touch screen so that I could find what I wanted to listen to easier and I chose this one as it was small and would fit into my bag. I was going to buy the 8GB one but decided for the extra money I would go for the 16GB - and I have half filled it already.

I bought the graphite one as although I looked at the other colours I decided that I could personalise it to any colour with silicone skins if I wanted to.

When it arrived it didn't come with many instructions - apart from how to turn on and that you needed iTunes - but if you search on the Apple website you can download a PDF user guide [...] which I have found to be very useful. I found it easy to download music onto it - and accidentally wipe it off again! - but you only do these things once and I have resolved that problem and put it all back on - it was all to do with 'Sync' in iTunes and unticking the boxes (all will become clear if you do buy one)

I find the touch screen easy to use (although some say it is small) but then it is a small piece of kit! (It measures approximately 3.5cm x 4cm and is incredibly light). And it didn't take long to work out where to go to find what you were looking for. It is really easy to scroll up and down to find music or artists as there is a line to the right of the screen which allows you to scroll through alphabetically - you can then just 'let go' when you have found the letter you want and it goes straight to track or titles beginning with that letter.

Haven't used the headset supplied yet as I bought some tube speakers and use it with those. Really easy for just carring around the house to whichever room you are in.

I still haven't found out how to use the 'shake to shuffle' but if you want to change the song you are listening to it is really easy to do it so I haven't looked further into that. Although reading one review on here it says "shake hard 2 or 3 times and you will hear a beep!"

It's really easy to put playlists on too - which is great as I can now connect it via the USB to my car and have hours of music without having to keep changing CDs.

It also has:
Nike pedometer - but I haven't used this yet
An integral clip
Radio stations
an option to download photos

For anyone still wondering what to buy - try it - I thought it would all be beyond me having to use iTunes etc - but it is actually quite easy to use
29 people found this helpful