Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now

on 12 December 2013
I can't believe I'm the first person to write a review for this book - it's a revelation, and a breath of fresh air. I'm a jazz musician with an interest in psychology (and lots of other topics), but when I read a lot of the material written in psychology books I groan at a lot of the research cited as being of great importance, and some of the less cited psychology material makes me simply cringe. If you are like me, when you read this book you'll breath a sigh of relief if you thought that 'the great psychologist John B. Watson' - who 'demonstrated' that classical conditioning could be extended to humans - didn't actually demonstrate anything at all, apart from demonstrating that he was capable of extreme cruelty in the quest to prove to the world how great he was. This book undresses some of psychology's self-proving efforts, and exposes some of the very dodgy material in a wonderful tongue-in-cheek style that makes you chuckle with every page you read.

I'd better qualify this by making it clear that a lot of the research conducted in psychology is indeed of great value. (I'd get lynched if I didn't say that).

Here is the book I wanted to find. Full of facts, very cheeky, and great reading. If you haven't read much psychology it'll still be easy to follow, but if you're already fairly well versed in the subject this is a 'must read'. I kid you not!
4 people found this helpful