on 15 August 2012
I wanted to add some more drives but having run out of SATA ports on my motherboard, a card like this was necessary.

I followed the instructions but Windows (7 x64) didn't see the card until I disconnected the drives. It then found a driver which I replaced with the one on the CD and it sprang into life.

* The price seems a bit excessive but I couldn't find many alternatives as I needed at least 4 ports and only have room for one card. Also I wanted PCIe x4 for the extra bandwidth over x1.

* Speeds are great - I ran some tests and it works at the same speed as the on-board SATA2 ports.

* From what I've seen it isn't capable of running RAID arrays but I don't need that anyway.

* Delivery was super fast! They quoted about 5 days but it arrived the next working day.

I'm happy. :)
33 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?