on 9 June 2014
The Fault in Our Stars was an amazing book. The story was very well put together and the characters were fun to discover, despite the sentiment the book is meant to give. It definitely ended the complete opposite way that I thought it would, and that's what made it 10 times more enjoyable.

I loved learning about the characters, more specifically Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters, the main characters, as well as Isaac. I found it was genius to have a completely different love story than any other, especially with the different personalities going around. Regardless of it being a sad book, it was nice and refreshing to see characters with different approaches on life.

The way John Green formulated the story was nice and made the book an easy read. I think my favourite thing about it was that it ended a bit like An Imperial Affliction, an imaginary book in the story. It basically ends in the middle of a sentence. What happens to Hazel? To Isaac? We will never know.

That being said, I have to give this book 5 out of 5 stars, not because it made me emotional, not because it was a beautifully written cancer story, but because John was able to create something original all on its own, something different other than the fact that it was a different kind of love story. The Fault in Our Stars was fresh, new, and definitely worth my time.

I look forward to reading the rest of John's books.
What's this?