on 19 November 2011
As far as poetry goes, I am a 'Published Poet'..{my neighbour gave that title to me, & yes its true}..I just like to throw the words into conversations, it makes me feel a few inches taller than my 5 ft 1".
Like most poets, I tend to sway toward certain styles, & certain Authors. Hence I latched on to Anthologies some time ago, & they work for me. Generally you will find several poems you like, & after reading others, you could be adding more favourite poems to your list.
Thats exactly how I came across Jenny Joseph. I was going through some anthologies, found myself coming across several of J Josephs poetry, which was coincidentally followed by a friend buying me the Souvenir Press book 'When I am old woman I shall wear purple' read by myself numerous times.
It was a natural reaction to purchase a book of Jenny Josephs Selected Poems, especially as this book covers a wide range..& fits in with my often strange sense of humour.
If you're unsure whether to buy, perhaps you haven't read many poems by this particular poet, do as I did & grab yourself a good condition second-hand copy - you won't feel let down should you find its not to your taste. Overall a good selection of thought-provoking, amusing, sometimes acerbic but highly readable work.!!
What's this?